Tuesday, July 10, 2007

i love change. and i don't mean nickels and dimes.

I am finally in my new place.
Comfortable, and Sherry and Ethel were extremely helpful.
I can be picked up late and still make it to work on time.

This isn't so hard.
Change isn't so bad.

True, I am just adjusting.
Adjusting as in always sleeping later and never minding what I wear to work and getting used to just being in my little corner and vomitting at work.
Change is stressful.
Better than not moving at all.
Better than just keeping still, trying to fight the forces that will make me grow.

So Sheryl Crow wasn't just hoping to make money by writing that song that goes "A change would do you good..." She really meant it. I think.

Sometimes it hurts to think that people have to change so much in this lifetime.
It hurts because it means saying lots of goodbyes and always adjusting to new things and always trying to fit in and stop doing things they love.

But as long as I have myself, still breathing and in one piece, change won't harm me.
Not in the long run. If anything, it will strengthen me.
I do think that with so many changes in my life, when I'm 30 I'll be able to fly.
Or drive a truck.

Whichever comes handy first.

No comments: