Tuesday, November 08, 2005

saturdays are for lovers

i haven't seen him in two solid weeks.
we didn't agree on seeing each other at least once a week.
but aren't couples supposed to go out on dates?!
do i have to ask every Friday if we'll see each other the next day?
correct me if i'm wrong, but saturdays are for lovers!
i see holding hands invading malls and restaurants.
i see cars speeding past me, the front seats occupied.
even my mother goes out on a date every saturday!
we're supposed to be part of that cliche circle.
so why do i find myself alone and envious almost every saturday?
why do i find myself texting instead of kissing him?
why do i find myself sleeping all alone in the sofa of seattles katipunan?
why do i find myself asking my friends if we have something planned?
am i single? because i feel like i am.
it's not only saddening. it's pathetic, it's annoying, there's something wrong with it.
when i entered this relationship i was so excited because i thought my saturdays would be a lot different. who knew where we would go? i expected a lot more fun that this.
this isn't even fun. i'd rather printscan than think of it.
now i'm dreading saturdays because my friends will ask me where he is, and i'm tired of answering on his behalf.
i feel like a loser bugging my girlfriends to have coffee or watch a movie with me. i'm supposed to be waiting for my boyfriend to pick me up so we can watch a movie or go on a joyride or have dinner together or just stare at each other!!!
will it ever change?
will it ever evolve into something more meaningful, or at least fun?
will it last?
because my saturdays are turning gray and my best clothes are rotting in my closet, along with my 31 red roses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm free on saturdays ;P