Tuesday, November 29, 2005

i couldn' t sleep last night

CALENDAR AND CLOCK
a song

lights out, way past midnight
no signs of the sun
the calendar, the clock
remind me of the one
i want to be with now
but he's fast asleep at home
and there's nothing i can do
but to write him a love song

so i light a cigarette
and i listen to some tunes
get a piece of paper on
which i spilled my orange juice
i begin to write some lines
but erase them afterwards
and embracing the guitar
i try to think of the right words

i begin to write again
this time i am satisfied
so i sing my song for him
but he's still nowhere in sight
will he ever know i wrote this?
will he ever hear my song?
i'll sing this while we're apart
but i hope it's not for long

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sleep last nayt, bat i dreamt that i can't sleep, then i slept in my dream just moments before waking up

waking up

save meee call my name and save me from da dark
bring me tu layyyypppppp