Saturday, September 29, 2012

Works Pert-y Well

It took me six years, hundreds of visits to supermarkets and drug stores, and thousands of dirhams to realize that the shampoo that would save my hair from harsh salt-laden Dubai water was the cheapest, most available one in the emirate.

I tried 40-dirham shampoos, organic, paraben-free shampoos, anti-fair fall shampoos, degreasing shampoos, 120-dirham shampoos, and medicated shampoos. None of them worked. My hair ended up either limping, super dry, or a miserable mess that a comb would never dare touch.

Yesterday it was time to buy a new shampoo as my current supply, like my hair, was depleting rapidly. Resigned to the fact that every shampoo will under perform and do the opposite of what the labels says, I reached out for the cheapest one. A six-dirham, 200 ml bottle of Pert, manufactured in Saudi Arabia.

Yup, we've got a winner. After one wash, my hair is smoother, it's easier to comb, there's less breakage which means my hair doesn't fall out as much a it did before, and it smells fabulous.

It felt like stealing, It felt wrong that I spent 6 dirhams on a shampoo that helped me solve my hair problems. This is ridiculously, unbelievably awesome.
www.taw9eel.com

No comments: