Sunday, September 23, 2012

What my face wears to work

Oh hi! Didn't see you there. I'm sure you dropped by my site to find out what make up products I use. Don't deny it, I know you're one of 'em. Well, today's your lucky day.

I like to change my make up routine and try new products several times a year. My current beauty regimen consists of the following:
www.beyondbeautybasics.com

1. Mac Studio Finish Concealer in NC35. This is the only constant in my world. I've been using it for a decade, first as a tangible way to cover up my insecurities in life as a young penniless fresh grad, and now as a great way to brighten up my eyes without using excessive eye make up. Bonus! It's got SPF.
www.glam.co.uk

2. Mac Studio Fix compact in NC35. Not any powder will do. It has to match my skin tone, and match my concealer. While the liquid foundation gave me a thousand zits that took me a dozen visits to the dermatologist and two Accutane courses to get rid of, the powder is perfect. It covers up what needs to be covered up while blending with my natural skin color. For someone who spent years looking for the perfect shade and consistency in a compact, this is  nothing short of amazing.


www.bloomingdales.com
3. Bobbi Brown Mascara. I don't know how many kinds of Bobbi Brown mascara there are in the market, but this one's good enough for me. It's part of the media loot I got from Bloomingdales Dubai Mall. I love it. Two coats and my eyes are done. No mess, no stress.
www.temptalia.com

4. MAC Lipstick in Pink Nouveau. Upon realizing that this Nicki Minaj-inspired color looked too outrageous on my lips, I started using it as a cream blush. Works like a charm! It gives my cheeks that natural glow without emphasizing their chubbiness. I'm down to the last few centimeters, and while I wouldn't be buying another tube of this creamy revelation, I recommend it to former Nicki Minaj fans who have now moved on don't know what to do with their Pink Nouveaus.
www.scform.com

5. Carmex Lip Balm. Got three tubes from my Mama, and I'm using them up. They do the job, but after reading somewhere that it contains harmful chemicals that may soon harm my lips and the skin around it, I think I'm not going to replenish my stock. It's a great opportunity to go to the mall and go shop-hopping!
MAC Cremesheen Modesty / www.ebay.com
MAC Creme Sheen Pillow Talk / www.vampyvarnish.com

6. MAC Creme Sheen Lipstick in Modesty and Pillow Talk. I use these too, depending on my outfit. Modesty is pink with brown and nude undertones, so I like to wear it with dresses and other outfits that bring me back to my twenty-something years. Pillow Talk, a limited edition, is brown and creamier. It's a color that says, "My sexiness doesn't get in the way of my authority in the office." I am neither sexy nor powerful, but my lipstick deludes me into thinking it.

That's it. It's also worth noting that over the years I've learned to eliminate many products and steps in my beauty routine. I don't use cheap powder anymore and invest in a powder that matches my shade perfectly. Coincidentally I've stopped looking like a monkey geisha. I've also made peace with concealer, using it only for the skin under my eyes and to hide blemishes, and not as a second foundation like before. And so on and so forth.

There. Now you know. I'm sure you learned a lot and and vowed to make your life better after reading this. *Wink*







































No comments: