Friday, July 27, 2012

The only thing in my make up kit that makes me ugly

Got this pic from the Mac Cosmetics website.
I had acne last year around the time I had a part time job as a presenter.
Every weekend I wore heavy make up.
I had never used liquid foundation before, so I tried the one by Mac.
Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 in NC 35. 
It was a revelation. I loved it.
It was smooth and thick, so you only needed a dab to cover the whole face.
After a few weeks, my skin broke out and my face turned into an ugly piece of shiznit.
I read somewhere that liquid foundation tended to clog the pores and cause pimples.
But at that time, with so much going on in my life, it could have been anything.
I had hormonal imbalance due to a lot of stress.
I was an unhealthy eater.
And I didn't have enough sleep.
Now, just two days ago I hosted a wedding and used the Mac liquid funda again.
When I got home, I saw four spots threatening to grow into big pus-filled mountains of embarrassment.
Aha. Caught in the act, Mac!
I've been a Mac fan through and through, from the day I got my first pay check and could afford to buy the NC 35 pot concealer, all the way up to the present.
I have a great collection of make up products that include Mac powders, shadows, a primer and a few bottles of nail polish courtesy of Liam.
But the brand's liquid foundation ain't no friend of mine.

Now I'm faced with the task of finding a foundation that will match my skin tone, not irritate my skin, and glide on smoothly while giving maximum coverage.
It's not going to be easy, but I am hanging in there.


No comments: