Sunday, July 15, 2012

I managed to have a great weekend, even though technically, I do not have weekends. I am required to work on Friday and Saturday, and have been doing this for over a month.

Fortunately, Liam and Fifi are the best. Liam and I had dinner on Thursday evening at Hoi An, a French-Vietnamese restaurant at the Shangrila Hotel in Dubai. French grape and Vietnamese cuisine mix very well, and it was worth getting out of the house at the end of a hot and tiring week.

We also managed to go to Ikea and Hyperpanda before the work week. Ikea has always been a happy place for me. I bought a bunch of little things for my house in Cubao last year at the Dubai Festival City branch, and it's nice that Mama, Zoe and Ate Joan are using them.

Fifi visited me on Saturday afternoon and we had a short coffee date at Costa downstairs. We listed down 18 things she should be doing when she turns 30. It was a fun activity and I can't wait to do my own list! We also hear mass in the evening and had Taza for dinner. Taza like KFC, only it's an Arabic brand, and it's supposedly healthier than the Coronel's chicken.

I ended my Saturday by watching a documentary about Gypsy fighting in the UK. It was a chilling account of how travelers settles scores by using their fists, and how they expect their sons to continue this barbaric tradition.

Well, that's my weekend non-weekend. Or my non-weekend weekend.

No comments: