Tuesday, June 19, 2012

We can't really have everything.
Otherwise we would be perfect and have achieved every objective we and the universe have set for us in life, and then it's time for us to die.
So it's all right to have challenges.
In fact, it's necessary.
Difficult, hair-pulling, make-or-break ones that will really push us to think what's important in our lives.
Money? Career? Love? Family? Religion? Fashion? Reputation?
And the list goes on.
And one of the things that determine that is a heart-attack moment.

I have had so many heart-attack moments.
Moments that compelled me to make the most difficult and life-changing decisions in my life.
And they were the moments that dramatically altered my life in ways deeper than any Chilean miner can dig.
And right now I am very close to making one.
It's eating up my brain, making my heart beat faster, firing up my ambition and reviving my passion for something I have always always loved doing.

But like any big event in one's life, I am faced with a big hurdle.
And I am aiming to get over it before the end of the day.
Literally, before sunset.
There is absolutely nothing I can do to slow down my heart beat or tell my thoughts to stand still.
This challenge is taking over me and giving me a kind of rush that I have not had in more than two years.
And you know what? That's a good sign.
So let me say a little prayer and get on with it.
Here goes....

No comments: