Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I made apple crumble in maple syrup the other day, and I had to use butter and serve it with vanilla ice cream. That was one of the rarest times since February that I allowed myself to have dairy. No biggie, I thought.
But within hours, my digestive system was disrupted, making me realize for the Nth time that dairy products were not for me.

My dairy-free vow that started on the first day of Lent has brought me nothing but joy and health. My skin is clear and glowing, my body has shrunk by at least three kilos, and my overall physical appearance has improved. I even have more energy. I don't pant anymore. I feel lighter. And there is less mucus in my body.

If this all sounds gross to you, I'm sorry. But going dairy-free is probably one of the best health decisions I have ever made in my life. Sure, I can break my own rule once in a while, but I suffer from the consequences, and that's even more reason to quit it altogether.

Go dairy-free. No skinny lattes. No frozen yogurt. No parmesan shavings on your salad. Just quit it and live happily ever after, smiling in a bikini and looking ten years younger.

No comments: