Friday, December 04, 2009

Rakrakan 2009. Attending a rock concert at my age brings back so many memories of being a groupie once in my life. I was tear gassed. A dozen jobless, no-shower rock and rollers felt me up in the moshpit. We followed a rock band to their houses on EDSA (and lost them). I brought my little sister to a heavy metal gig just to have an excuse to stay backstage. It was a chunk of my college life that I should not be proud of but secretly enjoyed! I loved it. I loved wearing jeans and sneakers and headbanging to angry music. I loved meeting up with my friends right before a gig and planning how we could infiltrate backstage activity. I loved looking for ways to circumvent entrance fees and bouncers. I loved having enough money for two San Mig Lights and looking for a ride home smelling like male perspiration. It won't happen tonight, but at least I get to listen to original Filipino music.

No comments: