Monday, March 31, 2008

Why I am Excited to Move

I am moving into a new flat in four days and I am excited! There are a few reasons actually:

1. I am moving into a fully furnished studio apartment with only one roommate, which means more space for myself and less computations when paying for stuff like water and electricity.

2. I am much happier that the other three times I moved, no hang ups or bad memories that go with the leaving and packing, and there are no saddening events that have transpired so far to make moving hell for me.

3. I really think that this is the next step to getting a place of my own. In a year I can probably get my own place and experience living alone, in every sense of the phrase. Well let's wish I would have found a decent boyfriend then. But who cares.
Me. I care.

4. I am increasing my expenses, which means I have no choice but to work harder and consequently earn more. You might think that working twice as hard would not necessarily mean getting compensated better, but I guess I don't have time to believe that. No matter how cynical this world may seem, as my friend had pointed out, if you just do whatever you want and feel it's right, then everything will fall into place. Everything.

5. I can cook, which is cool. I had started learning to make edible stuff at Colin's place, but I had to give it up when I moved into another place. Now I want to pursue that. My first dish would probably be something straight from my mom's recipe box.

6. There is a basketball court right in front of our building. Awesome. Total body work out without having to pay or worry about transportation. Cool.

These are just some of the reasons I am thrilled to move. Of course I am getting goosebumps just thinking about the additional expenses, but goosebumps are fine. Based on experience in live entertainment, goosebumps are a precedent to a successful performance. For sure.

5.

No comments: