Sunday, March 30, 2008

My Weekend

Yeah, I had a fun weekend.
Pooped from my very productive Abu Dhabi trip on Thursday. I headed straight to my friend's place to have wine and cheese. Minutes into our conversation, I fell asleep, snoring and all.
On Friday, Sherry and I went swimming at my friend's building, and I had an awesome time just trying to get some sun. I am seven shades darker now, no big deal.
In the evening, after a meeting, we went straight to the karaoke bar. Modesty aside, I kicked ass once again. I don't think there will ever come a time when I would suck at karaoke. At least with the songs I like. I would like to believe that together with my mastery of converting feelings of sadness and all the other loser thoughts that go with it into golden opportunities to creatively handle life's challenges, I have also developed an uncanny talent for singing like a pro. Of course I am kidding.
But what the hell. As long as I don't sing She's Always A Woman by Billy Joel ever again, I will continue to be fine and well-loved at that joint.
Ok so I went home Friday a bit tipsy and annoyed at a bunch or middle-aged Germans in grey suits who all tried their best to vex me when I was singing a Stevie Wonder song. Well, they failed. I emerged the victor. And they're still bald.
Saturday... hmm... I kicked off my day with a huge serving of The Office Season 3 episodes. Healthier than breakfast, if you asked me. Not only does it keep me from being hungry (I realized I had no food anyway), it makes me laugh. And there's nothing like loud laughter to start the day. Then I received a call from my friend Boki, and we bought coffee from the nearby petrol station. He dropped me off at my friend's building, where I took full advantage of the steam bath and sauna, and had lunch.
At 4 PM my neighbor picked me up and we went to Uptown Mirdif. I accomplished something that evening - I sent money to my friend. I told her to buy Mama a watch for her birthday, and she did! I was so happy because it was exactly what Mama wanted. Anything for my mother. Absolutely anything.
So we went around Uptown Mirdif, a charming place where you can breathe fresh air, go shopping for knick knacks, and look at the children going down the giant inflatable slide in the middle of the "plaza".
Then we met up with Jel and Johnny and we suddenly had this crazy idea to visit the karaoke bar in my soon-to-be apartment building. It was a big flop, mainly because of the quality of the sound in the place. We rocked.
So there. That was my weekend. Fully booked.
Uhhh.... no, there is no moral lesson to this story. I just wanted to write about my weekend. Feels good.
Thanks for reading.

No comments: