Monday, November 12, 2007

Mama Becky

The one thing I am most thankful to the Lord for is my mother.
She never left us alone, and she did whatever it took to get us through the hard times.
We did not end up as a statistic in the cruel hands of the city.
She worked harder than ever, opened her own business, raised us properly, and never for one moment thought about giving up.
We were never apart. stayed with us while we were growing up, to make sure that we had good grades, healthy bodies, sound minds and a positive outlook in life.
She made sure that the guys I dated were nice and decent, that Zoe's friends were good influence, and that her friends are also the kind of friends we want her to have.
She is young, vibrant, open to our opinions and most importantly, strong.
She is God-fearing and believes everything is possible with the help of the Lord.
I've always wanted the kind of strength she has. It's anything but a front.
She faces her problems like a real warrior, and encourages us in a way that no father can.
I can't wait to see her and hug her and tell her much much I've missed her.
For sure she'll shrug it off, as if I'd only been gone a few hours.
But she'll show her affection in other ways. I bet she's going to cook my favorite dishes, take me to my favorite places, and tell her friends about me with pride.
That's Mama Becky!

No comments: