Thursday, August 25, 2005

clueless and happy

"I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness." - Alicia Silverstone, Actress
I live my life as lightly as possible. Why? I come from an emotionally turbulent past, a decade ago caused by family problems, and recently, a relationship that left me disillusioned. So now that things are falling into place and I don't know what will happen next, I try to take life one day at a time, and it works.
I think no lightness is unfounded or senseless. So yes, Alicia was right. Lightness has to come from a deep place, and in my case it's the trauma of my bad bad past.

Everybody is somebody else's weirdo.
I find you weird, you find me weird. As long as we get along fine, we're good. There's nothing wrong with a little weirdness. Mine is different from yours, and I would love to explore it.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
Hey maybe some of my ideas aren't stupid!

You know that look women get when they want sex? Me neither! - Drew Barrymore
True, we don't ever look sex-starved! Maybe that's the reason why men initiate sex. We both want it, and somebody has to make the first move!

It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens. -Woody Allen
Exactly my sentiment. When someone asks me if i fear death, I say no. But I don't want to experience the pain of it. I don't want to see my family weeping over me while I turn into a corpse. I don' t want to see my blood and feel the throbbing pain of while slowly losing my memory of the human world. But I don't mind going away from the world, if only for the better life ahead of me.

Sometimes you have to get to know someone really well to realize you're really strangers. -Mary Richards
True. When I venture into a friendship or a romantic relationship, I do not realize how much I don't know about the other person until we stop bantering or merely conversing. That's the time we observe each other --- how we react to situations, how we feel about certain things, how we live life in general. That's why I love meeting strangers. Maybe subconsciously, I know that even my closest friends and my significant other are ultimately strangers to me and vice versa.

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. -Henry Youngman
Fun is the key word here. I do anything that makes me happy. And I avoid anything that leaves me distressed and worried.

No comments: