Sunday, January 19, 2014

A few minutes with indie actor and 'Metro Manila' star Jake Macapagal

I had the chance to interview Metro Manila lead actor Jake Macapagal when The Scene Club in Dubai hosted the screening of the critically acclaimed film.

Written and directed by British filmmaker Sean Ellis, the movie was made in 2010 to depict migrant workers' experiences when they move from their remote hometowns to the bustling and overcrowded city of Manila.

There are rumors that the BAFTA-nominated indie film will be shown in Dubai at the end of the month. If it does, it'll be cut a little, but a few chopped off scenes won't take away the essence of the film. So go see it!

I was with Fifi Francisco and Maitha 'Movie Mai' Al Awadi at the screening. I did the interview for work, but there was so much more sound I couldn't include, so I thought I'd post it here.

So sorry for the picture beside the clip. I'll sort it out once I'm familiar with Soundcloud.


No comments: