Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A pointless recap of the rest of my day

I don't have all the time in the world like I used to, so I've decided to budget my time.

Now that I have to work from 4 in the morning (and the tears are pouring - ok) until just before one in the afternoon, I've got to make wise use of the sunny afternoons that have suddenly landed in my lap.

I thought of pursuing my home decor/arts and crafts/DIY anything hobby, but that's a bit too time-consuming to start with.

Baby steps, I said to myself.

And those baby steps led me to the supermarket, where I bought a bajillion ingredients for the Valentine meal I am making tomorrow evening.

And not only that, I also baked cookies. Yup, I did an inventory of everything we had in our kitchen cupboards and discovered that I could make different kinds of cookies, and give and take a few provisions, even cakes. I already made trifle last weekend, but that wasn't really as satisfying as baking and in the process giving the apartment a warm vanilla aroma.

I have not tasted the oatmeal cookies I made. They're sat on the kitchen counter cooling and being evilly enticing.

Which leads me to another thing I must do before the sun sets and my eyes and brain shut down for the day - work out. Yup, I will aim to do that in a few minutes.

Not a bad day, considering I was dreading morning shifts.

No comments: