Tuesday, August 02, 2011

I feel better after reading all those acne-related forums online.
It turns out, a lot of people get cystic acne after quitting smoking.
It's the body's way of detoxifying and getting it used to a nicotine-free system.
I am happy that I finally quit. It has been more than a month and I feel fine.
I don't crave it, and I am pretty sure I will forever be against it.

Now back to my acne. I am trying to ignore the fact that it is getting severe.
I am on medication and I am positive that I will see miraculous results in a month or two, but for now it is really hard to look at my face in the mirror and say "You are beautiful".
I have always been very confident, and when I go out I always think that acne doesn't exist.
But there are times like today when it really gets to me and I just really want to disappear, and resurface when my face is clear again.
Oh well. Patience is a virtue.
It took a great deal of patience to kick the bad habit.
A little more to wait for my skin to heal is nothing.
Bow.

No comments: