Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bikinis, patriotism. You know.

I am so happy to have discovered the joys of online shopping.
It's not the most convenient mode of purchase in the world, but it's very very fulfilling.
It's not the conventional EBay or Amazon.com type of thing.
No credit cards involved. Sigh of relief.
There are lots of multiply sites selling clothes in Manila, and they FedEx the purchases upon receiving the payment, which is deposited into their account by the customer.
I asked Mama Becky to make the payment for me, and the goods will be delivered to her in a couple of days.
Why do I like it?
For one, the clothes fit me, I know it without ever having to try any of them on.
The clothes were made by Filipinos and for Filipinos.
They know my build, more or less.
So no more excess fabric hanging down my butt or sagging all over my chest.
And because I am buying from the Philippines, I am doing my bit to help SMEs back home.
It's a sweet deal really.
Here are some of the things I bought and am planning to buy - bikinis, of course for the summer.
I am probably going to take several days off the calendar known as the black hole diet schedule, in which temporary starvation is one of the options in order to fit into one of these.
But hell it's super worth it.

No comments: