Sunday, January 31, 2010

Call to bar Filipino workers from going to Gulf - The National Newspaper

Call to bar Filipino workers from going to Gulf - The National Newspaper

My heart goes out to all of them who brave the unknown to feed hungry mouths back home.
Every day I thank the Lord for being in a position that allows me to help them in my own little way.
I know that a lot more must be done, and individuals driving down to the labor office to drop off old clothes and other old items for them to make use of just won't change things significantly.
But it is a big help, because it gives them immediate help and their plight is getting more attention.
Sometimes it is very frustrating to think that you can only help to an extent, and you cannot really go to the heart of the issue because you are just one person, also an employee, also helpless in a sense.
If I had the power to change things I would.
But the power I have now is important, and I shall not lose it.
I will keep on paying them a visit until I can do more.

No comments: