Monday, January 21, 2008

Tito Boy

My Tito Boy passed away last Saturday. He will be remembered for his thoughtfulness and sweetness. He used to swear at us for being late, but in less than a minute he would tell a joke and everyone would laugh. In a way he lived his life freely, eating pork and not minding his ailments. However I saw through him when I had the chance to sit down with him and talk about my gameplan.

I recall him telling me to go ahead with my Dubai plain two years ago, that fear was not an option and youth is an advantage anywhere in the world. Of course he was right, having lived in Hawaii for three decades and braving the land that was not his home. He will always be an inspiration to me. In memory of him, I will work harder and do my best in everything here. I will make him proud no matter what.

No comments: