Monday, November 11, 2013

BRUNCH AT THE DUSIT THANI DUBAI

I didn't know the Dusit Thani did brunch until my friend invited me to it.

Serving Thai food at a brunch is a brave move. Thai food is meant to be served straight from the wok or saucepan, steaming hot and releasing the aroma of chilies, lemongrass and ginger into the air. The thought of it being sat along with 50 or so other dishes for four hours can put anyone off. It's just now buffet food. But then again, Dusit knows Thai food. Very well. It's a Thai brand, and it houses of the best Thai restaurants in the country, the hotel chain's signature culinary powerhouse, Benjarong.

So with that reservation out of the way, I sat myself along with friends at our table on the 24th floor of the Dusit Thani Dubai, right by the entrance of PAX, a restaurant that serves Italian fare. And after ordering a drink, I got up and attacked the food.

First of all, the  food there was, as usual, impeccably prepared. It consisted of menu items from Benjarong, PAX and The Californian, all located on the same floor.

A steaming bowl of Tom Yum, anyone?
Colorful Asian salads that pack a punch.
Fresh seafood including oysters, prawns, lobsters and crabs piling on my plate.
A good sprinkling of crushed peanuts and drizzling of lime juice on my Pad Thai.
A delectable serving of mushroom pasta especially prepared by Chef Fabio of PAX.
Spare ribs with corn on the cob.
Beef and lamb steak with gravy and Yorkshire pudding.
Warm arancini and pizza.
Seven different types of dessert, including my favorite, cream puffs.

I ate my way to partial blindness.

Add to that splendid Thai performances by the staff, complete with costumes and props.

I couldn't believe I was having the full Thai experience within a five minute taxi ride from my place.

Great thing to do on a Friday.

No comments: