Friday, November 02, 2012

Friday morning make up madness

Friday mornings in Dubai are spent on a couch, watching brainless TV and usually either in a coma resulting from a heavy breakfast, or taking a quite moment right before getting ready to go to a grapey, bubbly, hops-y brunch.

But not me. Today, as early as 9 AM, I got all dolled up. My hairstyle was the masterpiece of a gentleman named Dani, one of the best stylists at Nicolas & Jean Salon at Media One Hotel. I did my make up, and I'm gonna talk you through it.

1. Cover Girl foundation applied using a wedge sponge. It has a minty feel to it, so it helps wake me up.
2. Mac Cover-up Concealer used to highlight the areas under the eyes, above the nose, above the lips and the chin.
3. Mac Mineralize Powder in medium dark patted on the jawline, collarbone, temples and around the forehead. Whole face set with Mac Studio Fix powder in NC35.
4. Mac Shadows.Sketch from the Velvet collection applied on lids, and Carbon on the outer corners.
5. Bare Minerals Eye Shadow on the center of lids. I don't remember the color, but it's a glittery bronze shade. All three shades blended well.
6. Mac Technakohl Eyeliner in smooth blue applied thickly on upper lid, starting from the inner corners, and ending on the outer corner with a modest cateye.
7. Drugstore eyelash curler, followed by 100 coats of Bobbi Brown mascara.
8. Cheeks and nose contoured with Bare Minerals powder foundation in medium dark, or darker.
For contouring techniques, check out this video from my favorite makeup tutorial YouTube channel:
 
9. Mac blush in the most versatile shade - Pink Swoon, blended with the medium dark powder on cheeks.
10. Lips moisturized with Carmex lip balm, topped with Mac Lipstick in Taupe and Victoria's Secret lip gloss.

And that's it. I spent about half an hour transforming myself into a diva, and only 45 seconds to wipe my face clean, thanks to baby wipes.

No comments: