Thursday, July 14, 2011

OD-ing on Vitamin A....

...is NOT funny.
it is supposed to get rid of my acne.
It worked for me in the past and I am trying it again.
Okay.
I understand that it will get worse before it clears up.
I was warned of the side effects like chapped lips and dehydration.
Lip balm? Check. Water? Check.
Overall, everything's going swimmingly, except that I think I am going blind.
I sometimes think I'm blinking too long - longer than the usual split-second eyelash batting I do - only to realize that my eyes are open and I cannot see a thing for a second or two.
And then my vision comes back in a snap.
Weird.
I also read somewhere that the harsher side effects include hallucination, depression and in some cases, suicidal tendencies.
Oh retinoids.
Love you and hate you like a schizo on acne meds.

No comments: