Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Best Overnight Zit Zappers

1. Bioessence Acne Lotion. This can be bought in the Philippines for a little over a hundred pesos, and it lasts for over six months. It's best applied on blackheads that tend to become full-blown zits. It contains salicylic acid and is tinted, so it can be applied under make up. I personally don't use it during the day, because it smells funny. But apply it in the evening and you will wake up less oily.

2. Fucidin H. It is an antibacterial cream and it was recommended by my dermatologist, for HUGE pus-filled pimples. Zits multiply because the bacteria is spread around the face, so it is important to stop stupidly touching your face all the time to check if your zits have vanished. Fucidin comes in gel or cream form. I personally like gel because it stays on my face longer, therefore more product is absorbed overnight. I woke up today to find the zit on my forehead less noticeable. Yay!

3. Ice. Oh my gosh, ice is the best! For really red zits that tend to get bigger during the day, ice application is the solution. Wrap a cube in a paper towel and dab it on the spot. Don't press hard, just enough to numb that sonuvagun. Do that for ten minutes, and do the whole thing at least twice a day.

And for scars, use papaya soap or hydroquinone cream. But use them sparingly. We girls tend to be impatient and put a sh*tload of product on our faces. That is NOT cool. Your face will saga and get all wrinkly fast if you do that. Moderately apply stuff on your face.

And also control your drinking. Make sure you drink lots of water to keep you hydrated. Especially in humid weather. I think that's how I got my gigantic zit on my forehead this week.

No comments: