Thursday, July 08, 2010

There are definitely days when I miss Mama Becky.
Today in particular is tough to get through, for some reason.
I don't know if it's plainly a surge of homesickness, or the innate need to be near the person who will never let me down no matter what.

Or maybe it's midyear burnout.
It's been six months and I've only had one very short holiday.
And the only face I want to see that will pull the plug on work mode is, ironically, my workaholic mother.

I can't wait to tell her all about my year. It's been pretty amazing.
At the start of the year I came up with a list of goals for 2010.
So far I've crossed half of the items on the list, which isn't bad for a midyear record.
So the other half is going to be a piece of cake, but still very fulfilling.

1 comment:

fifi gurl said...

Me too layds, I miss my family. But don't worry coz we'll have fun on my birthday and your birthday!!! Go banyan Tree Al Wadi!!! :)