Monday, November 03, 2008

As much as I love my K800i, it is no longer working properly.
I will bring it to the service centre and see if the people behind the counter can still revive it.
I would still like to continue using it. It had never let me down until it drowned inside my bag.
My mineral water bottle decided to open itself to keep me from making very important work-related phone calls.

I finally decided to use my Nokia Navigator, after much hesitation.
I never found the need to use a GPS, and always relied on the driver's memory whenever I went somewhere.
Today though, I was pleased at myself for using it.
It told us to make a crucial exit that will take us out of Abu Dhabi and back to our office.
We must have saved an hour because of that turn.

If only I have GPS for everything, a device I can consult when I have to make decisions that would potentially change my life. Should I do this, should I do that, what do I wear, where do I go. Do I make peace with him, do I leave him alone, do I tell him off for being a jerk. Am I finally going on a diet, am I leaving town, am I drinking too much? Are they the ones I should hang out with, am I willing to sacrifice something precious to me for a person who is only a potential mate. Is this place safe, is this thing worth buying, am I not allowed to be sad for a moment. Should I go now, should I leave, should I stay, should I completely ignore it or tackle it head on.

I will never finish. Imagine the thousands of decisions we have to make. Every day.
And it all boils down to our guided (or misguided) judgment.

But maybe this is precisely why I love my K800i. It doesn't tell me what to do.

1 comment:

pltn said...

"K800i. It doesn't tell me what to do."
I think this is great slogan for phone without GPS!! =)
This can be a TV advertisement:
1st frame: Man woing to go at work, and his wife tell him "You should take out the household refuse";
2nd frame: Man at work, and his boss says him "You sould work better!"
3rd frame: Man drives car and gps phone's voice tell him: "You should turn to the right". And then man throw out phone in a window.
Packshot: (maybe text without phone photo) K800i (any phone). It doesn't tell you what to do.
:) or something in this way. I don't shure of using word "should", i means "have to" or "must"