Saturday, October 14, 2006

a Shakespeare in my own right

Not that there was any invitation to decline, but I chose to have coffee alone at Shakespeare Sheikh Zayed. After the movie I asked to be dropped off there.
I brought my journal, and the minute I sat in a comfortable old-English style chair, I started to write. Just write, not minding grammar, syntax, subject-verb agreement and all this shit used to make literature beautiful.
I just wrote things that popped in my mind, and boy, was it a good way to get rid of the stress. Emotional stress, bad vibes, tension, loneliness. Whatever you call it, I threw it away by writing about it.
And it felt so good. That's my idea of "me" time.
Because when it's just me and my journal, I can be anything I want to be.
I can be happy, fulfilled, and in the next paragraph I can be so mad and rude and uncivilized, and in the same paragraph I can be lonely and helpless.
So I enjoyed an hour of emptying these negative feelings about myself and other people, and I think I am ok, all set for the coming week.
Hope you had a happy weekend! I did. Sort of.

No comments: