Sunday, November 10, 2013

CABARET NIGHTS IN DUBAI


In a bold attempt to convert this huge Filipino night club into an international dining destination, Asiana Hotel's Boracay Night Club is launching the first ever Las Vegas dinner show in Dubai. And I was there at the soft opening, along with discerning foodies and travel industry professionals.

Great food! The flyer said 'international buffet', and more or less, it was. It consisted of Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Indian, and a teensy bit of Western fare. I'm talking kimchi, sushi, dumplings, grilled chicken, and pasta.

The cabaret itself was probably the most fabulous night club performance I’ve seen in Dubai. Though I’ve not been to many, I could tell that a huge amount of brainstorming and funding went into the production.

The daily evening show consists of different song and dance numbers, vibrant costumes and multi-talented performers, who I was told were plucked from Universal Studios and Disney. Everything was very entertaining – from the Bruno Mars ballad to the spectacular Burlesque number. The only time I got up to get a drink was when I heard the intro to “My Heart Will Go On”. I thought it was old and tacky, but I looked around and saw all everyone else thoroughly enjoying it. So yeah, i guess that worked as well.

Here’s the best part: It’s AED179 for a full buffet plus the show. Not bad.

No comments: